Welcome to the Coach's Corner
Coaches are required to register as a coach and complete a background check as well as the SafeSport and Heads Up Concussion certification courses in order to be added to a team. Background checks are required annually and expire on May 31st. A headshot photo must be uploaded into the coach profile for the coach card. Please email your age group commissioner after completing all coaching requirements. Thank you!
HEADS UP CONCUSSION INFO
A concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head, a hit to the body that causes the head/brain to move quickly back and forth. This movement can cause the brain to bounce or twist in the skull, creating chemical changes, stretching and/or damaging the brain cells. KSA takes concussion protocol seriously. Our coaches and parents should too!
1. Log into your Got Soccer Coaches account. Once logged-in:
B. Available resources on this link:
- Take course & certify as concussion trained youth sports coach
- Print the Concussion Fact Sheet for your parents and athletes
- Print the Concussion Checklist for your clipboard/bag
- Print your certificate (Coaches Card will print with CDC)
- IT’S FREE !!!!!!!
2. KSA Field Monitors and Referees will stop a game and request concussion checklist protocol for head/head, hard blows to body/head or hard falls that create a situation where a concussion is suspected.
Contact your age group commissioner
or the KSA office with questions.
2010 - present
2010 - present
Coaches may use this link to provide positive or constructive feedback on referees. This is not the forum to argue a call or report how you feel you were wronged during a game. Many of our referees are young and developing. This should be a resource to gather feedback and provide additional coaching data for our referee committee.
Your comments and ratings will be kept anonymous. Your name is only required if you want to be entered into the prize drawing. You will be entered into a drawing every time you submit feedback.